12.06.2013

Crock-Pot

After a VERY long holiday week entertaining family (divorced parents, sister and her family, cousin popping the question to his long time girlfriend) I was extremely happy to come back to work and be alone at home.
While The Father was visiting for the whole week before Thanksgiving we made a much needed Costco run.  I have been thinking I should get a Crock-Pot for myself.  I do not cook.  I do not enjoy it and because I am not well versed in it, it takes me forever to get through a recipe.  The whole idea of cutting stuff up and dumping it in a crock-pot and letting it cook all day and not having to do any boiling, simmering, frying, or sauteing is brilliant for me.  There are also some awesomely tasty things on Pinterest that I need a Crock-Pot to make.  Sweetly, bob got me a Crock-Pot for Christmas.  Yes it is early, but I don't get to go home for Christmas.

Sitting in the office with Boss Lady, I was talking to her about my Crock-Pot and all of the creations that are possible.  Her back was to me doing paperwork on the computer, and I was facing her not knowing if she was really listening...especially when she wasn't reacting.  Now I know she was just absorbing.
Grey: "I can make so many things!  ...Tofu."
          "Futon."
          "Fondue! It's fondue!  I've meant fondue!"
Boss Lady turned around in her chair and looked at me, "Tofu? Futon? Fondue?  Those are not even related!  How did you get Tofu and Futon?"
In my mind the words are similar, phonetically.  All of the F, O, U, T/D.  Regardless, it was a hilarious moment.  I'm sure I will attempt and make something with tofu and another time fondue, and make sure I eat both on a futon just because.  Then I will tell Boss Lady about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment