2.06.2014

That Awkward Moment When...#2

I'm not a speller.  Spell check saves my ass on a regular basis.  It is a gift from the heavens.  The coworkers are aware of this and usually give me some assistance if I don't have spell check available.  Now, I'm not a complete dunce, I am efficient, but there are times when I flip letters.  In my defense, I am dyslexic.  This goes beyond misspelling words.  I like to take things a specific way in my mind and settle and accept my way is correct.

That awkward moment when I said Breath Stroke instead of Breast Stroke.  Breast is an unpleasant word to say.  We all have words we don't like.  So, I have gone about assuming that the swimming technique is called a Breath Stroke.  I am very wrong.  Comment regarding it already this morning, "Stroke the Breast, Breast Stroke, what's the difference?"
My point exactly.

No comments:

Post a Comment