10.08.2013

Case of the Tuesdays

Upon waking up slightly late this morning, my roommate was in the shower.  Usually this wouldn't be a problem, but my master bathroom is in the middle of being remodeled leaving three girls to use one bathroom.  I got dressed, grabbed food, packed for the day, and did everything I could without the bathroom which contains my toothbrush, makeup, and obviously the toilet.  Alas, when I finished everything and she was still in the shower.  I scavenged through my room to find a travel toothbrush (which I hate! It's too soft) and toothpaste.  As soon as I got to work I headed to the bathroom to finish getting ready.  While I was squeezing my travel toothpaste onto my toothbrush, I started wondering if toothpaste goes bad.  The texture seemed a little different.  Oh well, I just used it; what was I supposed to do, have bad breath and fuzzy teeth throughout the day?  Thank goodness that my work has mouthwash on hand; weird right?  Here begins the oddities of my office.
Does toothpaste go bad?  While brushing my teeth I was looking at the little tube and there it was, the expiration date.  Lets just say, that sucker was a wee bit old.  Boss Lady promptly said it is just a ploy to get people to buy more the the product so the companies make money.  I went to the Google.  Google says that toothpaste does go bad.  It has a shelf life of two years specifically because of the fluoride and it's effectiveness as well as the viscosity.  As in, the fluoride no longer does it's job and the continents of the tube separate out, including the flavor, and then it all dries out.
So now, I'm at work with no make up on and apparently only half way clean teeth.  Good thing I have left over carne asada fries to eat for breakfast and just re-dirty my teeth up.  Maybe it's better that this all happened on a Tuesday.  Had it been on a Monday I would have felt like the whole week was doomed to bad breath, no makeup, and terror that I would have to hold my full bladder for hours everyday.
Did I tell you that once I got to work, I more or less had a false start?  Boss Lady told me that I really didn't need for our 7AM start, but since I had already arrived, it was no big deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment