10.23.2013

On Wednesdays, We Wear Pink

Mean Girls is just one of those movies everyone has seen.  If you have not seen it, get on the wagon.  Even guys that I know think the movie is funny.  In the case of Boss Lady, she had not seen in until about a year ago.

The turn over rate in some of the positions at our tiny office tends to be high.  People need work experience between college and grad school and we have great opportunities for them.  Gives the people we hire a chance to see if they like the field we work in as well as giving them time to actually do the time consuming grad school applications.
One of the young ladies we had working for us, now off at grad school in Texas, was a sorority girl.  Until she came along, the office hadn't seen tons of pink.  She loved pink.  We were polar opposites.  On so many things, though, we got along great; opposites attract, right?
In a conversation Pink (I have dubbed the sorority girl Pink), Boss Lady, and I were having, we discovered Boss Lady had never seen Mean Girls.  Okay, I get it, she is a working mother, when she isn't working and being an amazing mother to her two children, she logs some hours with her husband.  When he went out of town she asked us what movies she needed to see.  Mean Girls was at the top of that list.
Needless to say, ever since then, on Wednesdays we now wear pink.  It is a complete joke.  Now that Pink is gone, I slack way more because lets be honest I do not like pink at all, but we still keep it up.  I usually wear the minimum amount, be it a striped T-shirt with some orange-pink in it or the bracelet my niece made me (a hot pink shoelace with beads on it).  Boss Lady actually wears pink pants or a pink top.
The Mean Girl references don't stop there.  We like to say that everything is a carb, "Is this apple a carb?"  What can I say, we like to joke around to make the work atmosphere lighter when things get intense.

At least I don't have to participate in the Western Wednesday's that they were rocking.  Sweetly of them, they would wait until I left to put the country music on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment