10.03.2013

Greetings

The entertainment that my tiny office produces in one day entertains me for days on end.  My Boss (Boss Lady, from here out) is helping her daughter with the PTA fundraiser.  Funny enough, when elementary schools put on fundraisers, it's the parents that end up doing all of the work.  Back in my day, we would just go door to door trying to sell the over priced and crappy items.  Now the schools tell the children not to go door to door and tell the parents to sell to their coworkers.  I understand why people will just write donation checks to schools now.  Much less of a headache actually giving the school all of the money than worrying about actually selling crap.  Kids get incentive, like key chains or squirting fish, etc., to sell more of the over priced, useless things, and when they don't do as well as their friends the jealous monster sets in an a melt down, I'm sure, is inevitable.  By the way, Boss Lady is a SAINT and by far one of the best moms I know in the world.
I, of course, love Boss Lady and her daughter (Ducky) so it is an easy decision to help out.  After flipping through the magazines on end between working, I decided that the only thing that I needed was the cookie dough.  This was one day ago.  Today all I can think about is the damn tub of cookie dough that I don't need and why it has not yet gotten here.  If I remember right, the giant junk food beast will come as soon as I forget about it.  My days will be filled with disappointment until I forget...then BOOM it will feel like Christmas and I will be eating that sucker for lunch.  Don't judge.
As for everyone else in my office, I'm pretty sure all followed in suit and got cookie dough as well.  No one needs cat  magazines or wrapping paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment