10.11.2013

Princess Leia is Bipolar.

Some days, when we are busy bees in the tiny office, we have amazing topics that just spiral out of control.  Today a good stream hit and just kept hitting over and over.

One: Princess Leia is super bipolar.  Clearly I haven't read up on this topic, because if a topic isn't flashing across trashy magazines, VH1 (we watch it in the office in the morning), popping up on any news feeds, or my friends aren't talking about it, I never hear about it.  Not that I am a Star Wars person at all.  I have yet to see any of the movies.  Please, save your opinions about how I should view them.  I'm pretty sure Captain America (you might meet him later) wins this one.  Carrie Fisher is apparently so bipolar that she received shock therapy for it pretty regularly/frequently.  Don't quote me on this, it is all word of mouth.
Her father was apparently Elizabeth Taylor's third husband...  I have no interest in actually researching this topic further.  It makes sense that she is royally fu*ked in her head growing up in Hollywood  But it did trigger the Hollywood dating and love world compared to real life conversation.  Everyone dates everyone else, cheats, gets board, etc.  I always joke with Boss Lady that I want to date all of these hot actors, but in actuality I would be so unhappy.  It is incest in that world, just like in high school when everyone dates all of the same people.  While there are notable actors that don't seem to marry and divorce easily or plaster their unhappy details across the gossip feeds, the trashy actors out number them.
Taking me into...

Two: Miley Cyrus is a hot mess.  Her goal of getting noticed and publicity has been reached though.  Her song Wrecking Ball was on VH1.  It's hard to not stare at and wonder "What The Fu...?" through the entire thing.  Who wants to ride around naked on a wrecking ball and lick a demolition hammer.  Dirty.  While she was swinging around naked, a comment was made that triggered my singing of, "You're so vain, you probably think this song is about you..."  Carly Simon has giant teeth.  Then
I started actually working forgetting everything that had just happened.  Next thing I heard was, "That song is about Mick Jagger."
A peek into the inner workings of my mind.  I instantly had a disgusted reaction and looked up at the Wrecking Ball mess that was happening on the TV and said, "That is SO disgusting.  She is so young and he is so old and rather gross."  Low and behold, it was not the Miley song that was being referred to, it was the Carly Simon song I had just been singing.  Instantly it made sense to me; but after the fact I realized I wouldn't put it past Miley to jump into bed with Mick Jagger given her MTV music award performance with that Thicke fellow.
Can you imagine Carly Simon and Mick Jagger together?  All you would see are their giant mouths.  Then the question was posed, "Could you imagine if Mick Jagger was gay with that mouth?  The things he could fit..."

Three: I'm glad to know that it isn't only my mind that lives in the gutter.  Other people have inappropriate thoughts, and at least I can keep mine to myself or know my audience.  I'm pretty sure some ears that heard the Mick Jagger's giant mouth and how it would be a good gay mouth were offended.  I try my hardest to be PC at work, but now that I know all of my coworkers well enough, I kind of just let it fly sometimes.  Compared to me out on the streets, I am very well behaved in my professional settings, or as well as I can be.  Boss Lady and I can simply look at each other and she knows exactly where my mind is going and ends up in us cracking up or me getting a, "Behave!!" look from her.
Regardless, big mouths fit big things.  That's what she said.

Four: Given the Halloween riddles for the last week were Halloween (time) songs, Boss Lady and I spent a majority of the week singing Thriller.  Looking up from my computer, she was dancing around the corner into the office doing Thriller moves and singing it.  In a lull when we simply had nothing else to do, we decided to try and learn pieces of the Thriller dance.  We got as far as the twitching necks and making up our own moves.
I have been successfully doing the Time Warp from Rocky Horror Picture Show all week.  It's funny how many people know it, but had forgotten about it until I brought it back into their lives as a Halloween song.  Note to self, I need to watch that movie this weekend.
Also surprising to me, how many people don't know The Devil Went Down to Georgia.  I have heard it.  I strongly dislike that kind of music usually, but the fact that it is talking about the Devil and it is a dark song, of course I have heard of it.  I spent Thursday educating people about it and dancing to Time Warp.

Five, and possibly the best: It has been humid recently.  My hair has not been agreeing with it, especially because I forgot to put product in it after my shower.  It was, needless to say, ridiculously frizzy yesterday and made me feel totally disheveled.  A newbie to the office was standing close to me asking questions when suddenly, "Wow, your hair really is frizzy today."  Thank you Captain Obvious, for stating the obvious.  Then, I turned around to grab something and he poked the back of my neck, where I have dermal piercings.  A line of questions followed, then he noticed all of the piercings in my ears and my nose piercing.  Upon leaving the office, he referred to me as the Pin Cushion.  I give him many points for that.  I've been asked, "Who decorated you like a Christmas tree?" but never the Pin Cushion.  I appreciate that, my dad though, probably not so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment