10.09.2013

Riddle Catch Up

We have a lot of traffic through this small office.  Sometimes we see people once and never again, while others we see a bit more frequently.  We are known by all to have riddles drawn up on our whiteboard.
This all started about two years ago.  Through the Holiday season Boss Lady produced a stack of index cards containing Christmas related picture riddles.  Two that I remember off the top of my head are "Santa Clause is Coming to Town" and "The Grinch."  These were rather simple drawings.
With time, people (the staff, interns, etc.) have become accustomed to seeing these riddles drawn up on the board.  Sometimes Boss Lady and I actually have a difficult time coming up with the riddles and puzzles.  It is very difficult to come up with different themes every week.  I do admit there have been weeks where we just have a blank board, which we will write up the random topics we talk about.  Our themes have ranged from holidays, cereal, candy, sodas, trip destinations our staff have gone on, movies, Dr. Seuss, boy bands, songs from artists, and many many more.
Some how I end up being the artist for them a large majority of the time, probably because Boss Lady does stick figures and asks me to fix drawings.
It is quite the process.  Coming up with a theme.  Picking words.  Breaking up the words and figuring out what images I can get from those words.  I stretch sometimes and the solvers need a little extra help, while other times they are Captain Obvious.  Once I drew an excellent pile of poop, unfortunately I do not have photo proof of this image.  We are also low on a few colors or lack specific colors, so I let the arty side of me surface and I blend and cross hatch and stipple my little heart out.  I'm not always ultra motivated to make amazing drawings, BUT when I am, my-oh-my they can come out awesome.
Which, by the way, I send photos of the riddles to the guy I am currently dating (my dating life and is soap opera like entertainment will be saved for another post...).  He is awesome and consistently gets them and has only needed a helpful hint once.  I send them to other employees that have graduated from our office too.
The riddles have seriously become an important piece of our office.
Does this one need any more detail?  Pretty sure this was the first non Holiday themed picture riddle board that I did.  We no longer give theme hints.


            Smart phone games.
Valentines Day.  I didn't get a photo of the whole board, sorry.  I didn't think I'd ever actually do anything with the photos other than send them to friends.
 
Did you know that September 19 is International Talk like a Pirate Day?  I went with the theme for a week.  Boss Lady helped me out.

Autumn Themed.  Apparently my middle drawing too hard.  No, the stick figure isn't singing, it's making an "ahh" sound.  Boss Lady also drew half of these.  I must give credit where it is due.
 
The current weeks riddles.  Halloween themed, of course, for the most part.  They are all songs that surface at Halloween at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment